I've seen two Broadway shows in two days and here's what I've learned:
- Suffering with all the other tourists in the TKTS line and smelling dead fish wafting up from the South Street Seaport is worth it when you get great seats for a Broadway show that day.
- Christina Applegate can sing AND dance! She's currently starring in " Sweet Charity" and she's doing a fabulous job. I am now envious of the dumb blonde from "Married With Children."
- If you want to feel three years old again and have someone cheer you on and then clap for you when you use the bathroom successfully, go see "Wicked" at the Gershwin Theatre and visit the second floor ladies room. I'm not kidding people. The attendant cheered and clapped. For all of us. The whole time. It did keep the lines down though.
- "Wicked" is quite possibly one of the best shows to ever hit Broadway. Buy tickets now and we can roadtrip together in the fall. I'll even treat you to Tastee-Delite afterwards.
- We should all feel a little more love for the Wicked Witch of the West. Turns out she wasn't so bad after all. And my girl can sing!
- Janet Ray and Deidre Coles MUST do a musical for the Trinity play next spring so that I can fulfill all of my Broadway fantasies!
There's so much more that I've done, but I'll have to buy you a cup of coffee and tell you all about it later :)
P.S. Yesterday, I was two feet away from the guy who plays JR on "All My Children"!