Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Is This Thing On?

{Well, hello there. I thought I'd try on this blogging thing again and see if it still fits. We'll see...}

----------------------------------

Create (cre·ate)  verb


: to make or produce (something) : to cause (something new) to exist
: to cause (a particular situation) to exist
: to produce (something new, such as a work of art) by using your talents and imagination

I love creating. I love taking fabric and thread and paper and washi tape and brown wrapping paper and random finds from thrift stores and my mom's leftover Creative Memories stash to create something new. I love using words to create thoughts and memories. I love using groceries to create a meal for my husband or friends. I love creating inviting spaces where people feel welcome. Creating is one of the deepest and truest parts of me. 

I'll take the next thirty-one days to create. Here on this blog, in my home, in my workplace. I'll join a lot of other folks creating their own space and thoughts for the same thirty-one days. 

What is it you like to create? 



Intro: Is This Thing On?
7: (mental health day. no post. oh well.)

13 comments:

  1. That quilt on your blog button caught my eye... did you make it? It's super cute.
    And you should totally do the 31 days. I'll follow (and live in TN, too!)
    I'm writing on thrift shopping/ refashioning and reusing items if you want to check it out :)
    www.dearmushka.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for another Tennessee girl! Totally love what you're writing about this month, I need some expert Goodwill tips. I always feel so overwhelmed when I go in there, mostly when it comes to clothes.

      Thank you for the compliment, yes, I did make the quilt. So excited to see you love quilting, too! Adding your blog to my reader so I can keep up with you :)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anne! Yours, too. Vulnerability is a beautiful thing, can't wait to read more of what you're learning about it :)

      Delete
  3. I love to create as well. Look forward to ready more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love to meet another creative person :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. wohoo :-) cant wait to follow along!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love love the listening theme you're doing. I feel pretty confident I'm going to learn a thing or two from you this next month. Love your heart, friend :)

      Delete
  5. Former-creator-turned-let's-be-honest-it's-not-happening-Daniele checking in to say that next time you're in town, you need to come by and take what you want from my substantial Creative Memories stash. It's all gathering dust...and all yours for the taking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So generous!! If I purge my craft closet enough and have room, I'll do it :)

      Delete
  6. Love you and this. Can't wait for my crazy October to settle so I can re-fluff my own nest and create a studio space. And can't wait for Jan when I'll have reasons to go up the mountain twice a week and have a chance to see more of you! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOORAY to seeing you more!! I love your nest and judging from IG, it looks like you've been doing a fair amount of creating lately. Happy to add to the inspiration :)

      Delete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!