Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Trick or treat is a bunch of baloney

I'm a little bitter today because I did not have one single trick or treater last night. NOT ONE. And this was after I spent over $10 on the good candy. What constitutes the good candy? Milky Ways, Three Musketeers, Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, and Kraft Caramels. The Milky Ways and Three Musketeers even have glow in the dark wrappers! But no, not one child darkened the doorway of the Cactus Ranch. And so, I am now left with a giant bowl of chocolate that Sarah Jo keeps walking by, looking in and then saying, "No! No, I'm not going to eat this!" But then she goes and fixes a few Break & Bake cookies and eats those anyway. We all have our particular chocolate fix.

However, joy and rapture, there was an occurence yesterday afternoon that pretty much makes up for all of that. Many thanks to my dear friend Lisa (famous in her own right, but also wife to the famed Mr. Jimmi Mac) who clued me in to the fact that Shoshana Bean was performing on Martha's new talk show on TLC. Who is Shoshana Bean? Only the woman who plays one of the best characters currently on Broadway - Elphaba from "Wicked"! She performed "No Good Deed" and it gave me goosebumps all over again.

I taped it and showed it to my kids this morning as a special post-Halloween treat. Ok, I'll quit with the "Wicked" now.

1 comment:

  1. I thought the major point of investing in Halloween candy was the hope that you would have too much and get to eat the leftovers.

    If you need any help getting rid of your leftover candy, I'm your girl.

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!