Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Biography Day

Guess who I had in my classroom today?

Tiger Woods, Thomas Edison, Abigail Adams, Daniel Boone, Louisa May Alcott, Michael Jordan, George Washington, Rosa Parks, Shaquille O'Neal, Betsy Ross, Cal Ripken Jr., Mary Todd Lincoln, Annie Oakley, Henry Ford, Helen Keller, Anne Frank, Jackie Kennedy Onassis, and Julius Caesar.

For the last month, my kids have been reading biographies about these folks. They then wrote a first person speech based on their reading, created an original portrait and gathered other props for our Biography Museum. Today was the big day. And they were stupendous! They gave their speeches with confidence and flair. They answered the questions of visiting students and parents with their newfound knowledge. I am so proud. It was a great way to mark my last Biography Day at Trinity School...



An unlikely trio: Rosa Parks, Abigail Adams, and Anne Frank













Julius Caesar ponders his next big speech


























Louisa May Alcott demonstrates the fine art of writing with ink & quill...and lets the first graders try it out!



Thomas Edison explains his invention to Mr. Larson, our Lower School Director
















Mary Todd Lincoln peers out at the other visiting celebrities












I'm not sure it gets any cooler than Cal Ripken, Jr.











The Whole Crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!