Sunday, October 08, 2006

Shameful Absence

I know, I know. I'm hanging my head in shame as I look at the date of my last blog. Awful! Of course, I'm flattering myself that there are those of you out there who are looking at this thing daily and saying, "Where is she? Is marriage that much fun? Has Texas completely taken over our girl? Will she ever write on her blog again?" Yes, that is extreme flattery to think that and still I will answer those questions with:

In Mansfield, Texas having a bit of an anti-email/blog Pity Party.

Yes. Oh yes.

No, I'm Tarheel born and bred.

Yes. And more frequently.

I have a dozen topics on my mind that I would like to write about but I think I am going to follow a writing discipline mentioned by Rebecca and actually work on them as writing pieces before they are posted. That's not to curb the spontaneity of my rambling thoughts, but something that will hopefully hone my writing skills. I'll let you be the judge...

Have I mentioned that I married a man who can cook? Yes indeed, and this weekend he tried out some new recipes: Garden Vegetable Risotto with Asparagus, Flounder with Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, and New Potatoes with Rosemary.


1 comment:

  1. It's not just flattery. I check you daily. Thank you for answering the questions I ponder while drool drips from my chin. So, I'm kinda wishing I could eat all the yummy food you grown ups do. My daddy never cooks for my mommy like that. These days he's lucky if she cooks for him like that. Fish sticks and tater tots anyone?
    Missing you,
    LKW

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!