Monday, April 07, 2008

Heavy Hearted

That's what I am tonight. And it has nothing to do with basketball. No, this is much bigger. Much more serious. Much more real.

See, there is a family. A mom, dad and three girls. Tonight they welcomed the fourth girl, Audrey Caroline, into their family. And then just as quick, they had to say goodbye.

But that's not the most important part of the story. The truly remarkable part is what happened in the months leading up to Audrey Caroline's birth. Her mom, Angie, has shared her journey in the most graceful and honest way here, at Bring The Rain.

But I am sad for this family. Brokenhearted at what little time they had to share with Audrey. So, if you have some time, head over to Bring The Rain. And if you're so inclined, say a prayer for them.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I have spent the better part of the last two days reading Audrey's story. I have also spent the better part of those two days in tears. Her story, and that of her family, is truly something of both profound sadness and amazing faith that I am a better person for having shared in.

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!