Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ever Mindful

Life has settled into a routine for us. Every morning, I to my job at the Cancer Center and Jason to whatever house he is currently working on. A full day's work and then home again to Knox and the kittens. Dinner, some computer time, TV and then bed.

Rise, repeat, sleep. Rise, repeat, sleep.

The house is being shown steadily and for that we are grateful. But our counselor said something today that made me think.

Yup, we have been seeing a marriage counselor for the last month and a half. I have long been a believer in good counseling and that it's probably needed by most people at different seasons of their life. I believe that we all need help at some point and sometimes a good therapist is the best place to get it. As for us...well, Jason and I have been through more than most folks in their first two years of marriage, things are starting to take a toll and to quote T-Boz, Left Eye & Chili, "I ain't too proud to beg!"

Anyhow, at the end of our session today he looked at us very seriously and with a great deal of compassion said, "You know, I am going to start a prayer vigil for y'all. I'm not trying to be lighthearted or crass, I am really serious about this. I am going to ask everyone I know to pray that you get a contract offer on your house ASAP. Because I think for the two of you, you need to physically move on in order for you to move on in any other way."

Wow.

And what I thought is that if this person is willing to ask everyone he knows to pray for our house to sell, how much more should I? So here it is. If you're the praying type, would you please join your faith with ours and pray for the speedy sale of our house? God is going to do with us what He wants in the meantime and we'll stay open to that. But we are very anxious for the next season of our life together to begin. Fresh ground, new roots. "Moving to stay" as a wise friend told me...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:22 AM

    already on it girl! love you and praying. Amen! What a bold and courageous soul you are - good for you asking for prayers!
    -CCD

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely praying. I know that new season is just around the corner. You're close now.

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!