Um, not so much. Bad weave, bad nails, really bad outfit.
Now, let's look at Britney at this year's VMA's.
Clearly, a vast improvement. Good hair, fabulous outfit, all ten fake nails intact. And she won in all three categories in which she was nominated. A comeback? Perhaps...but I think we can all agree that with Britney, you never know.
I have to confess, in years past I have been a HUGE fan of the VMAs. 'Cause, you know, of my mild obsession with all things pop culture related. But this year? Feeling a little apthetic about it all.
To start with, I felt my age a bit more than usual when I realized that I wouldn't know all the artists nominated. I also had to wonder how much longer MTV can get away with this awards show when they don't really show videos anymore. I'm waiting for their Real World/The Hills/Sweet Sixteen/Tila Tequila reality awards show any day now.
Other than that, I thought that...
- Russell Brand was fairly funny.
- Jordin Sparks gets my vote for sticking up for promise rings.
- I can't believe Christina Aguilera lipsynched. Such a disappointment because she actually has pipes!
- The Jonas Brothers performance? Made me a believer.
- Somebody needs to tell Ashley Simpson and Christina Aguilera that pregnant/nursing boobs need more coverage. When you can see veins, it stops being sexy.