Friday, October 31, 2008

This One's For The Girls

I've always been a fan of anything that empowers girls at a young age to be confident, at ease with themselves, bold, sassy even. And if it's something that also allows them to see their true worth as daughters of Christ...well then, even better.

A few months ago, I discovered a very cool chick (thanks to Boomama and BigMama) who also has a heart for this very thing. She has taken that passion and turned it into a ministry called Starlite Ministries.


Starlite Ministries reaches out to girls, elementary through high school, in Cleveland, Tennessee. Which, as luck would have it, is about forty minutes from Chattanooga. I am just itching to get involved and counting the days until I arrive in Tennessee and finally meet the woman behind the ministry, Amy Beth.

Even though that meeting is weeks away, you and I have an opportunity to help Starlite Ministries NOW.

Microsoft is conducting a promotional campaign right now to promote the Microsoft Live Search program by having people download it to their task bar. For every person that downloads it from Starlite's link, they get a substantial donation PLUS a bonus amount if they reach 75, 250, 500 or even 800 downloads.

Well, my friends, they are thisclose to reaching a serious bonus. Here's where you come in. I could explain it, but Amy Beth does it so much better. So, head over to this post of hers:

Amy Beth's Post On How Downloading Something Easy (& Erasing It Later If You Want) Can Give Some Much Needed Cash To A Fabulous Ministry

The deadline for the downloads to help Starlite is TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT. Thanks y'all!

P.S. I just did this myself and it was so easy and it doesn't gunk up your toolbar or anything! GO DO IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!