Friday, January 16, 2009

Prayer Needed ASAP

A while back, I rabbit trailed off of another friend's blog and found Kelly of Kelly's Korner. Kelly is a sweet southern girl and a faithful daughter of Christ. She and her husband, Scott, struggled with infertility for several years and finally became pregnant last year. This evening, she gave birth to a 9 lb, 12 ox baby girl named Harper. However, Harper isn't doing well and they need prayer, lots of it, and now. So you'll know how to pray specifically, Harper appears to have pneumonia and her lungs are filled with fluid. From Kelly:

"We need you to lift us up in prayer like you never have before. Harper is in VERY critical condition and they are going to fly her to AR Children's hospital. It is very, very serious and the NICU doctor did not give us a favorable report. Scott and his parents will be driving there tonight. My parents and I will be driving there in the morning as soon as I can get out of the hospital. We know that God is soveriegn. WE KNOW that God is the same right now to us as He was to us this morning when we were so excited and praising Him as we drove to the hospital. We know that He loves us and no matter what happens - we will continue to praise Him. I honestly don't know how I'm going to survive if we lose her. I just want to be honest with you. Thank you in advance for getting on your knees for our precious daughter."

Please keep Kelly, Scott and especially Harper in your thoughts and prayers tonight....




Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever!
Ephesians 3:20-21
--------------------------------------------
Update, 12:30 am, Saturday, Jan 17
From Kelly:
"Change of plans - AR children's hospital was all booked up so they are about to fly my baby to Tulsa. They are going to be doing a heart/lung bypass on her and the last time we spoke with the doctor - he gave us more hope. Her heart is just fine. She has pneumonia in her lungs and it's just very, very serious."
For more, go here.

Thanks for praying and please continue! Feel free to leave a comment for Kelly on her blog, she reads every single one and they are such an encouragement to her...

3 comments:

  1. Leslie Ruth, thanks for posting this. Of course we'll be praying. I can't even imagine what they are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I had not seen the lastest post, because I was out to lunch. Praise God, things are looking better!! Enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:13 PM

    we are reading this in England and we will pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!