Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Back in the Saddle

I'm back from NC with lots of pictures and more knowledge of childbirth than I ever really wanted.

No, seriously, no more information needed.

Anyhow, I'm subbing today and here is the lesson for all you teachers out there:

BE YE PREPARED AND ALWAYS HAVE A SUBSTITUTE LESSON PLAN READY.

Because if not? Your fellow teachers might rat you out to the principal. And that's really embarrassing when that consortium you were supposed to be at (and how long have you known about that and you still don't have a sub plan ready?) gets cancelled and you have to show up at school to do paperwork therefore facing said principal, fellow teachers and your now disgruntled sub.

I'm just sayin', is all.

Be back soon with A Tale of Two Baby Showers.

3 comments:

  1. yay! you're back! glad you had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah.... I remember the days of subbing.

    One of my worst sub days was when the school called, desperate, and sweet-talked me into subbing for music. Riiiiight.

    They had me show a video all day. They told me this up front. I didn't think it would be big deal.

    I watched MIchael Jackson's Thriller SEVEN times.

    I was never the same again. :)

    Anyhoo, sounds like you handled your day professionally. Good for you!

    People always tell you the bad stuff about childbirth. Don't believe it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're back, & that you enjoyed your trip! And I love your substitute stories. I'm going to begin subbing next summer on island when my littlest nephew is in school during the day. I'm excited/scared out of my mind. We'll see how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!