Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Sniff. Hack. Cough.

You know what's fun on a jam packed weekend that is stuffed to the gills with a baby shower and many planned visits?

A raging sinus/head cold/congestion/can't breathe through my nose/throat feels like swallowing daggers thing.

Still, I was determined to press on and accomplish everything I had planned. And I did. Sneezing and coughing all the way through. A lovely thought, no?

The baby shower for
Anna's first was a smashing success. I enjoyed the rhythym and blues of Will McFarlane at Brightleaf Square while watching some seriously free-spirited adults dance wildly. I took a photo walk around the most beautiful campus ever. I attended a profound worship service at my NC home church and worshipped across the aisle from UNC basketball legend, Phil Ford.

Throw in visits with dozens of dear friends and you have a pretty great weekend. Monster sneezes and all. Pictures to come...

-------------------------

If you have not gone to see "Night At The Museum 2: Battle of The Smithsonians", do yourself a favor and go NOW. Seriously, it's even better than the first one. And if you haven't seen the first one yet, rent it and then go see the second one. Although my only grief with the second one is that The Ruby Slippers are not treated with the respect they should be. Hmph.

-------------------------

My friend, Lisa, sent me this quote from this article. She knows what speaks to me.

"While Adam's competitors come packaged with humanizing backstories — Kris Allen is married, and Danny Gokey, as you may have heard seven or eight hundred times, is a widower — Adam's personal life remains shielded. He was apparently made by the hand of God and left in a basket backstage at Wicked, where he was discovered, bestowed with a lifetime supply of black nail polish, and raised by musical-theater queens." - Mark Harris

-------------------------

If you are needing some new t-shirts for summer and share my faith, might I suggest you stop by Wild Olive Tees? They have some absolutely gorgeous tees (in several different fits, gotta love that) that highlight particular scriptures in very creative ways. This particular tee, "Unfolding", is part of a fundraising effort in honor of Stellan and his MckMama {the red one is a classic fit and the white one is more fitted}.


They're not paying me for this endorsement, I'm just a fan of a cool and inspiring t-shirt. And I want to win a giveaway they're doing. So sue me, I'm a fan of free {and fabulous} stuff!

------------------------

And one last bloggy link. If you're watching "The Bachelorette", you should really be reading Sophie's recaps. Hilarious. Witty. Southern. Everything you could want in a recap of a disasterously cheesy show on the brink of extinction.

-------------------------

Ok, that's all for now. I'm off to blow my nose. Again and for the hundredth time today. Oh, I almost forgot! I might have some big news tomorrow about a certain teaching position. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I love wildolivetees!!!

    Hope you feel better!

    I totally am going right now to check out the Bachelorette recaps!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE BooMama's recap . . .

    anyways, i hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!