Friday, August 26, 2011

Life. It is good.

The first day of school up at Covenant was a really, really good day. As in so good, that I'm that kind of flat out tired you get when you've had a day filled with so much good stuff, your brain starts to hurt and your face hurts from smiling. That kind of flat out tired also leads to blog posts in list form, so here you go.

1.) My hair behaved and the humidity was low. It's the little things that can shape a day from the minute you walk out the front door. Can I get an amen from the ladies?

2.) Every morning when I get out of my car at work, I see this.


Not a bad gig, eh?

3.) Convocation was Uh. May. Zing. I am a huge fan of tradition and ceremony and meaningful spectacle. It was all three rolled into one.

4.) I had heard tales of certain dorm halls coming dressed as monks. Guess who got to hand them convocation programs as they filed in?



4.) Since the chapel was packed with students, the staff sat out in the chapel lobby. I had one of the best seats in the house for the recessional. Watch until the end...



Bagpipes! Faculty in their gowns! Drums! A crazy guy from the hall called Catacombs carrying a random portrait!

I can't believe I get to work here.

5.) My first class was fantastic. Although I did go to the wrong building and ended up being a few minutes late. Of course. Thankfully, the professor hadn't gotten to my name on the roll before I came in. Sheesh. Way to go, Petree.

6.) I walked back to my office and this was the scene all over the chapel lawn.


The Covenant students? They are fans of the hammock.

7.) I've now met all three of my student employees (and seven of my eight practice service students), my to-do list for today was completely finished by the time I left and our first official chapel is tomorrow.

Bring it.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:59 AM

    Sounds like you had a fantastic day! Hope tomorrow is just as good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making me think maybe I should try to find a job *gasp* on one of the campuses in town... hmmmmm

    Looks like an amazing place to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:09 PM

    Hello! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!