Monday, November 07, 2005

Along the way

________________________________________________

"There is a joy in the journey
There's a Light we can love on the way.
There is a wonder and wildness to life.
And freedom for those who obey."
~ Michael Card

This weekend was an amazing one of rest, restoration and several irreverent skits performed by yours truly and the fabulous Rachel Campbell. Where does all this happen? Every year at the Blacknall Presbyterian Church's Women's Retreat up in Valle Crucis. Rachel and I were Madge and Gertie, two very qualified beauty consultants who offered a plethora of low-cost beauty tips. Email me if you want them for yourself...

I've always loved the song quoted above. I learned it young, probably around 6th or 7th grade when we lived in Franklin, Tennessee and attended the same church as Michael Card. I couldn't fully appreciate it then, but I sensed the blessings of his words and music. They struck a chord deep inside and it's only been in the last few years that I've begun to see the precious truth of his lyrics. At the ripe old age of twenty-eight, I'm trying to enjoy the journey for what it is, not what I want it to be. I know, and realized afresh during the course of the retreat, that the "wonder and wildness to life" is so much better than I could ever plan, if I will only let God be in control.

1 comment:

  1. so true. You are one wise 28-year-old. keep hoping, keep dreaming, keep trusting. love, aea

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!