Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Girlier than me?

Is it possible? Well, maybe not girlier but as girly at the very least. This past May, I made one of the best decisions of my life and decided to live with my cousin and friend, Sarah Jo. Her's has been a surprising friendship because growing up, it was always her and Allie as best buds, and me and Audrey (SJ's older sister) shutting them out. It wasn't until we were both Carolina girls that we uncovered a deep and rich friendship. Who better to live with than the person who knows, loves and has lived through our "putting the fun in dysfunctional" family?

So, in honor of SJ's 25th birthday, a list of why she earns the honor of being a fellow Southern Drama Queen and why I celebrate her...

~ She uses inspirational phrases such as "Build a bridge, and get over it!" and "Put your big girl panties on and deal with it!" But she never has to say them to me. Oh no.

~ She uses words like "ridunkulous." And believe me, we have experienced the ridunkulous this year.

~ She loves New York City as much as I do. However, if we ever travel there together, I'm sure I'll have to spend more time at the MoMA than on Broadway.

~ You haven't seen booty shakin' goodness until you've seen SJ dance! I'm currently her apprentice.

~ She has no trouble expressing her opinions and current feelings. Just ask...anyone.

~ She loves Jesus with her whole heart and points me to Him constantly.

~ Her organization has changed my life. Who knew you were supposed to vacuum every week?

~ She sings Kelly Clarkson at the top of her lungs in her car. Even when she's alone. Now that's my kind of roomie.

Happy day to my darling friend!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:00 AM

    Ok, now you've made me cry at work! You're too sweet.

    Love you my sweet sister,
    sj

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!