Monday, December 05, 2005

Just call me Lulu

Well, the world as I know it changes again. DYama gave birth to a handsome boy, Alex, and a darling girl, Sasha, on Friday, December 2. I know I may be a bit biased, but I swear those babies were cuter on Saturday than they were on Friday. Alex is petite with perfectly sweet features and Sasha has that beautiful chubby face thing going on. How is it that babies can pull that off so easily?

A number of my dearest girlfriends have had babies lately. And this has prompted the question from them of what I want the babies to call me when they start talking. I'm too much from the southern tradition of "respect your elders" to be comfortable being called Leslie; Miss Unger is ridiculously formal; Miss Leslie makes me feel like a kid myself; and I don't want to take the title of Aunt from those that are legitimately aunts to these young ones. So, I settled on Lulu. Lu is a nickname from my family and I figured the repeated syllable would be easy for a baby to learn.

Now, for those of you who grew up watching "Hee Haw," you may remember a certain Lulu from that show. Lest anyone confuse me with that Lulu, this is her:















And this is the new and improved Lulu:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!