Thursday, September 07, 2006

The search for the holy...

Jason waited to find a church home here in Mansfield until I arrived. We've only been here for two Sundays to visit churches but we've had some good experiences. I had a friend tell me once that when you're looking for a church home it boils down to three things: teaching, community, worship. I was incredibly lucky to find all three of those back in Durham at Blacknall Presbyterian Church. It is by no means a perfect church, but by the grace of God and intentionality on the part of the leaders and members of Blacknall, they are doing a lot of things right.

I've spent a lot of time thinking and praying over which of the three are most important to me now that I'm in a new place. It came down to teaching and community. I know that those are the things I'll truly need from week to week. Still, in church "shopping", it's easy to look at things way too critically and as a consumer. Case in point, the following hilarious video...




Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:29 PM

    Love it! Especially the screaming baby part--priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:43 AM

    Hello my friend...greetings from Cape Town, SA. I am currently sitting at the elder Adlard's computer after two days of their wonderful hospitality. Just wanted to say hi, will have to catch up when I get back to the states!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!