Thursday, August 21, 2008

We Lucked Out

Earlier this week, Jason's dad called him over to the house to show him his new "toy", the Nikon D700 SLR. This is an upgrade of sorts from his previous camera, the Nikon D100. Guess who he's "loaning" the D100 to? Yup, us.

People, it's the camera we've always dreamed of. Jason immediately went to work with it yesterday, gleefully shooting different subjects, trying out different lenses, messing with the flash and settings. Hog heaven. However, I picked up the camera tonight and you would have thought I had just burned all of Jason's favorite childhood pictures. His eyes widened and he whispered, "You're holding the camera."

Uh, yeah. Because I didn't read Pioneer Woman's tutorial on aperture today for nothing. I shot him a "get over it" look, headed outside and shot the following.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Even as I sit here typing this post, Jason is shooting me, the dog, my computer screen, anything that will sit still...this is going to be fun....

4 comments:

  1. OOOOOHHHHH, I wish I was there to play with ya! PW is helpful, but if you are looking for a world of more help try ilovephotography.com. Scroll down past the adds (and you do have to register for the forum, but it is free) It is where I learned just about EVERYTHING photography related and photoshop. Plus, do yourself a favor and pick up the book Understanding Exposure, by Brian Peterson (I think?). Can't wait to see all the playing you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The sun and clouds are captured beautifully. Who knew that one could learn by simply following directions! I should try that myself! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!