Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Look! Pretty! Sassy!

I'd say that I have easily three or four potential posts that all need to be written at this very moment. I've promised some of you my personal rundown of the Golden Globes. I had quite the morning in which my brain flaked out on me at least fifteen times. I'm talking the kind of flakiness that I've only heard about in pregnant women as the fetus sucks out all their brain cells (and NO, I'm not pregnant.) But there is something that trumps all the former and demands to be written about right now.

Y'all, I have a new cell phone.

I know, I know, this shouldn't be that big of a deal because there are those of you out there who switch phones every year and enjoy every type of gadget and app that comes with them. But I have stayed content with a basic little cell for the last few years. See?

And it has the most basic of options inside...

And really, it's served me just fine. I can talk to those I love, far and near. I've even been able to receive (but not send) a picture or two. And about a year ago, I started texting more and more. Uh huh, on that miniscule little keyboard you see above. I never really got the whole T9 texting technique and while I would try to say something like, "Could you pick up some bread?", it would come out, "Camels will try to eat barley." Or something just as nonsensical. So I've contented myself with pushing each key the necessary amount of times to spell out individual words. It has been laborious, to say the least.

I know, poor me.

But today, Robert at Sprint informed me that a.) For the same amount of money we were already paying for our plan, we could have an additional 100 anytime minutes AND unlimited text AND unlimited picture texting/receiving and, b.) I was eligible for a pretty sizeable upgrade to a new phone. Say no more, Robert, change our plan and upgrade me to a new phone!

And, oh, how Robert hooked me up...Looky what I got!

Cute, right? I do love me a red phone. But look what else it has...

Oh yes ma'am, that would be a FULL keyboard.

So, just to recap: Unlimited texting. Full keyboard. Amen.

5 comments:

  1. That's SO AWESOME! I am SO JEALOUS!!!!!

    I'm happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A red phone ranks up there with red shoes!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unlimited Texting?! WooHoo!!!

    much easier to keep in touch that way! I just know you are going to L.O.V.E that new full keyboard...when I got my crackberry it was instant adoration. Rivaled only by my love of cheese. and pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it bad that I may be coveting your phone?

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!