Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Proud Legacy

One hundred years of Carolina basketball. And I’ll always remember my little piece of it, 1996-2000. Dean Smith’s last season of coaching, his becoming the winningest coach in NCAA history {at the time}, screaming my lungs out in the top section of the Dean Dome as we beat Duke, celebrating on the balcony of Hinton-James, traveling to Franklin Street for the raucous celebration there…and that was just while I was in college. That doesn’t include traveling to Franklin Street as an alumni to watch “the kids” celebrate their win over Duke {and staying on the sidewalks this time around} or watching the game on Franklin Street as we took the 2005 national championship title.

Oh, Tarheels. How I love ya.

{Edited to add this adorable video featuring pretty my favorite Tarheel ever…}

3 comments:

  1. Living so close to Chapel Hill, I root for the Tar Heels as well. My daughter has some good friends who go there. My brother-in-law is a die-hard Carolina fan!!! I hope your teaching job is going well. I have had you in my thoughts and prayers! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh sista, PREACH!

    I might have gotten chills and I might have cried a little.

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and this is where we part company. can't pull for your tarheels... :)

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!