Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Grateful…

… for a well written story and a well produced movie that entranced my students.

… for co-teachers and classroom parents who encourage and challenge me.

… for faithful and brave friends who dare to speak the truth to me passionately.

… for country music and another awards show to watch {Amy Beth, I expect a full report!}

… for a crisp autumn dusk and strong legs on which to run.

… for a good friend who will Skype and watch “Glee” with me while sharing my love of a performance of “Defying Gravity.”

… for my Grandaddy, Glenn Cruise, who served in World War II and for all the other veterans who have so bravely and unselfishly served our country through the years.

Thank you, Grandaddy, I love you!

100_2389

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like life is going very well for you. I am so glad!!! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! AC is reading Sarah Plain and Tall right now and LOVING it. I'm so glad because I was terrified that after she read the silly Miley Cyrus biography she'd ask to read Lauren Conrad's book or something! Anyway, I think I've convinced her to read the Little House on the Prairie books next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I'm so glad you've seen this movie - it was the *first* thing I had ever seen Christopher Walken in, and thus, it shaped my understanding of who he was. I've spent the majority of my adult life trying to figure out how the bashful farmer from SP&T was always getting cast in creepy/badguy roles.

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!