Tuesday, November 14, 2006

In my mind...

...I'm gone to Carolina.
Can't you see the sunshine?
Can't you just feel the moonshine?
Ain't it just like a friend of mine, to hit me from behind?
Yes, I'm gone to Carolina in my mind...

But as of tomorrow at 4:15 p.m., I'll be gone to Carolina on a plane!!! Yup, I'm heading home for a visit thanks to the generosity of my sweet husband (let's face it, I am NOT bringing home the big bucks as a substitute teacher. But that's another post. Maybe two.)

I am excited beyond words to be back in the Tarheel state. I'll see my E-Ranch girls, spend a day at Trinity, visit with some family, kick up my boots at Trinity's Downtown Hoedown (their Annual Auction & Benefit), and worship at Blacknall once again. And I'll get to experience some ACTUAL fall weather!!! In between all that I'm going to cram in as many visits with friends that I can. Without a car of my own. Can you say "mooching rides?"

I'll also get to hear Eli say "Lulu" (or at least some form of it) and spend some serious time coaching Alex and Sasha on the same. Bring on some Carolina love!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:47 PM

    Leslie! I cannot believe I found this. Congratulations on your wedding and move. I'm in Rochester, NY (talking about missing Carolina) teaching high school English (yes, I finally quit grad school!) and am married too!

    Anyway - much love and many blessings, and know you have a new reader.

    XOXO,
    Mary Grace

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!