Saturday, November 08, 2008

Just Call Me Pigpen

This whole moving thing is whoopin' my tail. You would think it wouldn't. You would think that I am a pro at this, especially after I stated as much earlier this week.

Apparently, pride goes before a fall. Because, y'all? I am T.I.R.E.D.

Our house being in constant packing chaos has mentally thrown me for a loop this time around. I'm going to take it as a sign of my maturation that the mess is really bothering me.

As in, I am longing for the days of yore when the house had to be nice and neat for potential house buyers.

See? Clearly, the moving has thrown me into a tailspin.

With a few tears, some nachos and one Margarita Swirl, I wrapped up my last day of work at the Cancer Center.

I've consolidated the five boxes of pictures and memorabilia into one giant box.

I have even packed up the majority of my clothes. See? More evidence of wisdom coming with age because I am not leaving things until the last minute.

Seriously. What is going on with me?

Tomorrow, we'll take a break to attend the Mercy Me concert, with special guest...BEBO NORMAN! Oh Bebo, you're still so dreamy...even married and with a baby. But my husband is dreamier. So there.

And in honor of growing so wise and mature, I sprung for the more expensive tickets in the "Artist's Circle." Because that's just how we roll at The Country House.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear your review of the concert. They are coming to the Chicago area and I am itching to go.

    I too have packing down to a science having moved (and packed) 5 times in two years. This last time though I have not bothered to unpack...since I suspect that I will be moving again before April.

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!