Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Conversation With My Sister

"So what's the scoop on Officers Training School?"
{Sidenote: Allie is applying to OTS so that she can possibly go career in the Air Force}

Long detailed description of the multiple steps the USAF requires ensues...

"...I'm also applying to the FBI (more details are given). I've also thought about the Highway Patrol and then I would stay in North Carolina. And becoming a firefighter is also an option."

"So, basically, you'll be in uniform no matter what. Which is what we always expected."

Allie, circa 1991

"Well, yeah. Except for the FBI. But I'd be armed so I guess that makes up for the lack of uniform."

"Oh, of course."

Hey, you know, fashion looks different for each of us. For Allie, it involves a firearm. I guess I'd consider that an accessory.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:28 PM

    Don't knock the sidearm until you've worn one....Go Allie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:29 PM

    P.S. LOVE the tightrolls on your jeans in that pic Leslie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohhh-- i wish i knew ms. allie....how cool is she?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote FBI...just saying.

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!