Monday, August 24, 2009

This post is also known as “Too tired to write a real post so I pulled out the ol’ Facebook tagging/forward thing.”

Three names I go by:

1. Leslie {pronounced “Lez-lee”, my mom insists she meant for my name to be pronounced with a z.}

2. Leslie Ruth

3. Lulu. That’s what all my friends’ kids call me.

Three jobs I’ve had in my life:

1. Frozen yogurt girl at Zack’s Yogurt on Robinhood Road in Winston-Salem, NC

2. Peanut brittle maker at Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri

3. Teacher, aka BEST JOB EVER

Three places I’ve lived:

1. Long Island, New York

2. Abilene, Texas

3. The wonderful, the beautiful, the one and only southeast {I couldn’t pick between TN & NC}

Three favorite drinks:

1. Shirley Temples

2. Caffeine free Diet Coke.

3. My husband’s version of sweet tea. It is suh-weet.

Three television shows I watch:

1. Grey’s Anatomy

2. Army Wives

3. Will & Grace. Over and over and over again.

Three of my favorite foods:

1. We’ve discussed the power of macaroni & cheese already.

2. Bananas

3. Krispy Kreme donuts {not that I’ve had one in almost three months}

Three of my favorite restaurants:

1. Macaroni Gril

2. Wendy’s

3. Panera

Three things I couldn’t live without:

1. My husband

2. My sister

3. My Marmee

Three things I can’t stand:

1. People who smack their lips while eating. SERIOUSLY.

2. Teachers who refuse to delight in their students

3. When Carolina loses to Duke in basketball

Three things I’m decent at:

1. Making my dog happy

2. Writing: notes, blog posts…maybe one day a novel?

3. Conveying passion and excitement to my students

Three things I’m looking forward to this weekend:

1. Beth Moore’s simulcast. A church in Amy Beth’s town is showing it!

2. A long workout on the Riverwalk

3. Writing a weekly letter to someone I love very much

Three things I’m addicted to:

1. Reading blogs

2. Collecting cute/sassy/chic stationery

3. Bags of any and all kind. Purses, tote bags, laptop bags…you name it, I’ll want it.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed learning some more fun things about you! I hope your new teaching job is going well. It sounds like you are so excited and have such a passion for teaching (and your students). They are so lucky to have you!!! Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Leslie! I just finished a 9 week Beth Moore study on Ruth. It was amazing, to say the least. Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously. i could quote your answers to the "addicted to" question as my own answers! glad school is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. How did I get so far behind on your blog? You'd think I was the one starting back to school! :)

    Anyway.

    I also love Will & Grace reruns. I had to stop watching Army Wives, though. It was just too much.

    Did you live in Missouri? Have we already had this conversation? (Am I losing my mind? Wait - don't answer that one.)

    ReplyDelete

Love me some comments! If you don't have a Google/Gmail ID, please make sure you leave your name and/or email. Also, I moderate my comments so don't be alarmed if it doesn't show up right away. Thanks, y'all!